Juicing VS Puree

If you haven't seen the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" you should; the documentary follows Joe, an overweight and sick Australian man determined to lose weight. In order to do so he follows a strict diet consisting of only juice from fruit and vegetables he juices himself for two straight months. Joe's courage and strength show us that we can lose weight with a healthy diet, and keep the weight off with a consistent healthy diet and exercise.

I have shared this documentary with hundreds of people who buy juicers or decide they want to juice and have incredible results. However, is juicing the best thing to do? Well, I went to http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com to see what they would recommend for me. My goal was to lose 20 pounds, and my recommendations were one juice a day for only a week, then go from there. Well, juicing isn't for everybody to follow like Joe.

After doing a little research on juicing, I realized it wasn't the best way to get vitamins and nutrients from multiple fruits and vegetables a day. Although juicing is very healthy, one thing is better...puree. The difference? Juicing extracts juice from the fruit leaving behind pulp full of vital nutrients and fiber. Puree...place all the fruits and vegetables in a blender and go at it; nothing wasted and nothing lost. Less fruit and vegetables are needed to puree than to juice, saving money and still filling you up with the nutrients you need each day. Puree is an easier cleanup while juicing consists of many parts to clean and wipe down.

Juicing, however, is easier to drink down. Puree his much thicker and harder to down quickly if you're in a hurry. Puree is also harder to make great tasting combinations between fruits and vegetables that are great tasting like juice.

In my opinion, juicing is great but puree is much healthier and easier to maintain and clean. In addition, save money by using up to half the fruit needed to juice in a large puree.

7 comments:

  1. Outstanding post. You get both the nutrients plus the fiber from pureed fruits & vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This was exactly the testimonial I was looking for. I have a food processor, but not a juicer. As I don't really have the space in my kitchen for any more appliances and also think fiber is one of the best benefits of fruits and veggies, I was hoping to find consensus on the decision I did not realize I'd unconsciously made already. Hope it worked for your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I puree a combination of carrots spinach jalapenos and sweet potato cactus strawberry blueberry and kiwi and of course add water to make it drinkable in my blender each day and make just enough for morning and evening drinks as the fruits and vegetables lose their nutritional value over time I research nutritional values of different fruits and vegetables and came up with this combination that seems to be optimum do some research and let me know what you think maybe there's something we can add or take away open for suggestions have a healthy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. After successfully regaining my health with juicing, I still could not reconcile the waste, the pulp. Now I puree using a nutribullet type of appliance and the dietary suggestions contained in the instructions. I am no longer plagued with the guilt of waste, and am saving money. Thank you all for the encouragement I found here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me.
    juicer reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this post! I am working on eating healthier. We tried juicing quite a while back and bought an expencive juicer only to be dissappointed by the cost and waste. The phase didn't last long. I just started drinking "Naked" juices. I noticed that they contain fruit puree as well as juice. My research brought me here. So now I hope to try and make my own mixture in my blender. Hoping it works out! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  Australian Grains

    ReplyDelete